tirsdag 22. mai 2012

Back to the roots

My friend Santi has the most beautiful organic vegetables, and every Thursday I pick up my box of a variety of what is in season in his kitchengarden. And if I had not known that it is all organic, I would have easily thought it was genetically manipulated. His veggies are just so amazing!
One of his veggies in season right now, are beetroots. Juicy, dark purple, fresh beetroots. I use them in soups, raw in salads, in veggie curries. And I use them in this moist, dense and rich chocolatecake. In a cake the beetroots add sweetness, as well as moisture. And what I love most about this cake, is that you can just mix it all together. No fuss! Try it one of these lovely days in May.
I simply love when this....

 

Chocolate beetrootcake

1 large raw, peeled and finely grated beetroot
200 g plain flour
100 g cocoa powder
1 tbsp baking powder
250 g golden caster sugar
3 eggs, preferably organic
2 tsp vanilla sugar/extract
2 dl sunflower oil
100 g dark(75%) chocolate
in small pieces

Mix all the ingredients apart from the chocolate and oil.
When mixed, pourt the oil slowly in a stream into the batter. Add the chocolate and stir.
Pour the batter into a 22cm cake tin or a loaf tin.
Bake on 190 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Check with a wooden skewer if the cake is ready(no batter left on the scewer when you insert it into the middle of the cake).
Enjoy!

...becomes this!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar